Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Let's discuss the 5 Star rating system and especially how it applies to videos at the Clubhouse.  

Here's my take.  

The Clubhouse is a place where everyday people can learn how to build an instrument and also learn how to play it.  It's also an atmosphere where anyone should be able to post a video without fear of ridicule.  We use what we have and are proud of what we can accomplish.  None of us expect a recording contract, we are just proud and want to share with friends doing the same thing as us.

Lately someone has been going through the videos here and posting 1 star.  I'd like to think that it's not just a vengeful act.  I'd like to...  It's happening at the nation too.

I don't judge the quality of the video, the lighting, the sound levels and the slick editing techniques.  I look at the spirit of the player.  Even if it's framed so you can't see their head LOL. 

You can't rate these as if you are an America's Got Talent judge.  There are some vids here from established performers, but mostly it's us in our living rooms on something we made wishing we had more tools while planning our next one.  If you just watched the latest Brad Paisley video and only gave that a 4, put on different glasses when you get here.

Or, just stop being a dick mi amigo...

Ted

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wait... you guys get given STARS for your videos....???? ;o)
One of the star bandits is just 1 click away from a ban! Keep it up Loser, im on to you!
I guess i could just post there screen name!
name the names jimmy
Do it!;)
Yeah whoever it was had my lil boys video down to 3 stars. I voted myself picking him back up to 4. Ill explain the ratings pricks before I let him see all of you wonderful peoples comments. Thanks for the encouraging words that you all have left for him to see so far.

jim said:
Just a FYI to the Star Bandit. When you make a star rating on a vid your avatar shows up on the front page. So you are NOT ANONYMOUS!
I'll go click him a 5 star right now... the bandit picking on grownups is one thing, but picking on a kid is a shame.

LJ said:
Yeah whoever it was had my lil boys video down to 3 stars. I voted myself picking him back up to 4. Ill explain the ratings pricks before I let him see all of you wonderful peoples comments. Thanks for the encouraging words that you all have left for him to see so far.

jim said:
3 views and my sons vid has a one star. Thanks to whoever the jerk is for promoting our children so nicely. Be a MAN or WOMAN. and leave a comment.Like I say the world is 95% morons and a--holes. Thanx for proving me right.
If you check the activity log, there might be a clue. Check the activity log on the nation as well, and then look - recently downgraded videos there also?.

I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying that someone is maliciously posting one star. I've been keeping an eye on this...

If someone truly thinks that many of the videos here deserve only one star, please leave a comment on why you think so.

How do you say "Sir, please stop!" in Spanish??

uncle Lou said:
3 views and my sons vid has a one star. Thanks to whoever the jerk is for promoting our children so nicely. Be a MAN or WOMAN. and leave a comment.Like I say the world is 95% morons and a--holes. Thanx for proving me right.
is there an activity log that allows you to see all activity from every memeber at once? people can wipe it from there page as they do it.
Im sorry bout your boys video rating Uncle lou. I posted one of my son playing a couple weeks back and got the same response. I warned him that there was a sackless jerk doing the 1 star thing before we posted it so he wouldnt take it personal.

Ted Crocker said:
If you check the activity log, there might be a clue. Check the activity log on the nation as well, and then look - recently downgraded videos there also?.

I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying that someone is maliciously posting one star. I've been keeping an eye on this...

If someone truly thinks that many of the videos here deserve only one star, please leave a comment on why you think so.

How do you say "Sir, please stop!" in Spanish??

uncle Lou said:
Sad state of affairs. Why would people be so mean spirited? Ted, is there a Ning template for a video rating system that would have more "rater" accountability? ( Such as: ratings only in conjunction with a comment?) Just an idea . . . .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service