Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

I hand drew this art and will hand engrave it on top of a few cigar box guitar pickups,

they will be for sale at http://www.reddogguitars.com/ 

Views: 508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is made from a crunchy taco box!

win at a reasonable price...lol

J.J. Rango said:

put in your entry, you could pay only slightly more than others!  lets tally up the amount the parts costs, I`d say below $100. 

Randy S. Bretz said:

win at a reasonable price...lol

the wild Indian guitar?

LAS CABRILLAS?  ^^

Nah, forget that silly Las Cabrillas guess.

Obviously, it's a Padron serie 1926!!   :D

Posted on CBN also:

Well, heck. If I had to guess, I'd say the guitar is a 3-string hard tail built over the course of  many long days, on a "Padron Serie 1926" cigar box that, like it's handmade bolt-on neck, looks vintage and beat up, but is actually smooth after many hours of painting and sanding and sanding and painting and painting and sanding, featuring hand-done art (old cigar art): Farmington Art Deco style lettering (actually a play on the Miller High Life beer logo ;) on its handmade "ARROWS AND TALONS" (time-consuming to make, but easy to install! ;) pickup, and has a handmade Telecaster-style bridge, brass screws for fret markers, hand-formed metal (probably brass) brackets, and its strings are accessed from the back of the guitar under a handmade metal plate, and it's played occasionally thru' a hacked Admiral portable radio/amp...

but who's counting?? ^^ 

PS:

Did I mention that No albatrosses were harmed in the making of this handmade Tele-tone 3-string bridge guitar (a spin on the "Wild Indian" guitar but in brass) that's set up for bottleneck slide?  :D

One more time, and at risk of repeating some of what I said earlier...

I'd say it’s a (drop dead gorgeous!) all handmade right in the builder’s home, 3 string "hardtail" cigar box guitar- a spin on the Wild Indian guitar but in brass, built on a Padron Serie 1926" cigar box over the course of many long days, with a handmade bolt-on neck looks vintage and beat up, but is actually smooth after many hours of sanding and painting, etc., etc.. It features hand-done (old cigar) art: Farmington Art Deco style lettering on its handmade “ARROWS AND TALONS” (time-consuming to make, but easy to install!) pickup, a Tele-tone 3 string bridge, brass screws for fret markets, and it’s set up for bottleneck slide. (The metal work and hand-drawn pickup art are the result of many hours of work alone!)

I'm taking back my earlier assumption that the artwork on the pickup was a play on the Miller High Life beer logo, but I’m sticking to my guns on the statement that no albatrosses were harmed in the making of this incredible guitar!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service