custumizing econo tuners
sand with 80 grit paper, dip in stain and la
sea shells an da humless one

sea shells epoxied to the posts

Views: 1925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EXCELLENT!!

Say, fellas, how are you attaching them to the shaft?  I have some failing uke pegs with a square shaft.  It will be a big pain to drill larger  holes in the head to accommodate new tuners and this is a nice old banjo-uke, so I'd rather use the old ones.  But the square shaft is flummoxing me.

2 part heavy duty epoxy. Don't worry about the square shaft, it will be better being square. Just drill a round hole and gob some epoxy in there. If you want to use regular style knobs, there just as easy, it just takes a soldering iron to heat the shaft. And no epoxy.

Diane in Chicago said:

Say, fellas, how are you attaching them to the shaft?  I have some failing uke pegs with a square shaft.  It will be a big pain to drill larger  holes in the head to accommodate new tuners and this is a nice old banjo-uke, so I'd rather use the old ones.  But the square shaft is flummoxing me.

had a go at these real ugly tuners - turned out not too shabby

Thats great, just bought some beat up old tuners ,some without heads, and was wondering what to do

looks like the shells for me, as my other name is...Driftwood Dave.....

LOVE the skulls! :)

thanks for the comments, jim

Dipping a plastic tuner in stain is Mad genius, I'm going to the shed to try it right now...

the drone string knob on this one is a bone fiddle peg with 2 brass tack buffalo nickel heads super glued to each side of the fiddle peg.

what are you guys using as glue?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service