Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

and if so, how do we feel about this one, the Bosch Colt Palm Router:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16819&filter=colt%20router

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here here Ed, i 2nd dat!

ed wentling said:
built 25 guitars so far and don't use a router. I find using a wood rasp files and sand paper very relaxing and I have total control versus a router ripping wood faster than my old tired eyes can follow !! lol for me speed is second to the feel of ripping down wood by hand and running my fingers across it to feel the imperfections and working them out. It's a Zen thing !! One with the wood grasshopper !!
Man, that's how I feel. It's one of the reasons I hesitated and put the router back on the shelf at Harbor Freight. I really do enjoy the slow and methodical shaping process I go through with the rasp and sandpaper. I'd still like to see a video of someone rounding a neck up with one though!

ed wentling said:
built 25 guitars so far and don't use a router. I find using a wood rasp files and sand paper very relaxing and I have total control versus a router ripping wood faster than my old tired eyes can follow !! lol for me speed is second to the feel of ripping down wood by hand and running my fingers across it to feel the imperfections and working them out. It's a Zen thing !! One with the wood grasshopper !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service