Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

I'm building one of my Pluckin' Poles (this one cedar, cherry and oak) for a customer in England. He (and I) are interested in the Flatpup, built by a fellow in Austria (here's the link to his site:   Flatpup site

Two questions.  Has anybody used one of these?  if so, how did you like the sound/tone?

Next, is anyone else building a pup of this type? The Austrian builder is apparently not accepting orders or reservations until sometime in May.

Thanks for any info

Ron

Marr's Guitars

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i've used quite a few of these pups and like them a lot. They are quiet, but lower impedence like a single coil. i few videos on my page with examples of these pups.

Thanks Harrison,

Elmar saw the discussion over on CBN and contacted me. Will be getting one from him; really a fantastic idea he's come up with.

On another note, I spent most of the time in your videos listening to the various mandocellos. Has to be one of my favorite sounds (and an instrument I don't own). The Diamondback Zook was great too.

Truly pro instruments you've built, and some great featured ones from other builders (love that Wishnevsky design)

Thanks

Ron

i've got an octave mandolin built too, i just need a stacked concentric 500k pot to finish it. so it's same tonal range as the zook but shorter 22" scale. I also have a collaboration in progress with Bruce Herron from blue star on a danelectro style 8 string electric standard mando.

Flat pups rock

He is a great builder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service