Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Went to see the master of the bass guitar Jack Bruce at a very intimate gig in Llandudno last night.

What a player and what a man. He has lost none of his skills and just seems to get better and his voice is as strong as it was in the days of Cream.

Awsome gig!

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love JB Too! I was lucky enough to see Cream on their "Farewell" Tour back in 1968 at the tender age of 16 - boy, I AM getting old! - T

“You know how the title came about - Disraeli Gears - yeah? We had this Austin Westminster, and Mick Turner was one of the roadies who’d been with me a long time, and he was driving along and Eric (Clapton) was talking about getting a racing bicycle. Mick, driving, went ‘Oh yeah - Disraeli gears!’ meaning derailleur gears... We all just fell over... We said that’s got to be the album title”

-- Ginger Baker remembering 1967

Great story!

Hogs.

Jeremiah Cornelius said:

“You know how the title came about - Disraeli Gears - yeah? We had this Austin Westminster, and Mick Turner was one of the roadies who’d been with me a long time, and he was driving along and Eric (Clapton) was talking about getting a racing bicycle. Mick, driving, went ‘Oh yeah - Disraeli gears!’ meaning derailleur gears... We all just fell over... We said that’s got to be the album title”

-- Ginger Baker remembering 1967

I saw Jack and Ginger in a scrappy dive bar in Charlotte NC. in 89, I cant remember the name of the guit player that rounded out the trio but he didnt miss a lick. I remember lookin at  Jack's fretles bass and the top markers were what looked to be blue LED's. blew me away... oh yea. they fookin rocked!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service