Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

I was watching this video:

Jammin' on the Diddley

Looks like a lot of fun. I've been thinking about loop machines for quite some time, but I don't really have the $$ to buy one. However, I do have a stack of computers and a couple laptops that could probably run software that will do the same. Does anyone know of such software, or a good loop machine for the low budget folks. Thanks!

Views: 3046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm going to have to set that up soon. Thanks!!

Ace said:
Hi,
Here is a link that should interest you: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=74979.0
The Boomerang III is out and i would love to have one finaly a two input looper with up to 4 different loops. Might go loopy.
I have a JamMan myself. It's not quite as intuitive as I would have expected and it's hard to hit the ins and outs just right. Sometimes there's a delay either with an in or out and it can be kind of infuriating trying to time myself to account for that delay. One detaily thing: when I keep time, I tap my toe. To start a loop, I have to pick up my foot to stomp the pedal. I think that must throw off my timing or something. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

One thing I did do that's helped was to replace the springs under the pedals with ones of lighter gauge. The originals were pretty stiff and I really had to stomp on them hard.
I'd say that's up to you. It depends on whether you want to loop the effects or apply effects to the loop.

Boneses said:
what is the best way to hook up pedals with a jamman looper
This free software looks interesting. Haven't had a chance to try it yet so maybe someone else can and report here for others. Its called Ambiloop. Web site is www.ambiloop.com
Or you can unzip the attached file. Regards John D
Attachments:
I have an Akai headrush looping pedal and have found it difficult to get the timings right too. I find the best way is to play a few bars of whatever you're trying to loop and when you are happy you have a regular groove going, use the down beat of the foot your tapping to hit the start button, keep playing and at the down beat of the last bar, hit the stop. That way i have been able to get a pretty good seamless join.

Larry McInnes said:
I have a JamMan myself. It's not quite as intuitive as I would have expected and it's hard to hit the ins and outs just right. Sometimes there's a delay either with an in or out and it can be kind of infuriating trying to time myself to account for that delay. One detaily thing: when I keep time, I tap my toe. To start a loop, I have to pick up my foot to stomp the pedal. I think that must throw off my timing or something. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

One thing I did do that's helped was to replace the springs under the pedals with ones of lighter gauge. The originals were pretty stiff and I really had to stomp on them hard.
I think I'm in love..... seriously... pretty cooooool

Ted Crocker said:
Another great app of a loop station (s)

Here's a pretty cool live looping performance. The guy even explains what he's doing.
(BTW, how do I insert a movie into a message?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs6oAD8g
copy and paste the "embed" code... easy

Larry McInnes said:
Here's a pretty cool live looping performance. The guy even explains what he's doing.
(BTW, how do I insert a movie into a message?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs6oAD8g
I just want the machine that does this:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service