Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

I'm tired of my drill set up and would really like to get a pickup winder soon that will make it less difficult to wind. I've seen JuJu's hand made winder (which is amazing) but I don't have time to machine anything. I found this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SideWinder-Guitar-Pickup-Coil-Winder-W-FOOT-CON...

Anyone have one? What do you use other than hand drills and hand wrapping? I my drop the money to get a fancy one if I can get some product moving. Which I may soon. People are taking interest rapidly.

Views: 1448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the links, but I've already built one pickup winder and it's just not as accurate or efficient as I would like. I want to spend my time figuring out how to make weird instruments and there's a certain point where you don't want to try and build an instrument to make an instrument. It has happened with my pickup winder. I need something I can plug and play with at this point. I think Ted is on the right track of what I'm thinking.

Gene said:
I like the idea of buying a winder for $300.00 and making pickups. It is for the most part better to buy your machines prebuilt. I just happen to like building machines , but even at that , my winder is part of my overall marketing goal. If I needed one more machine in the future, I would get one on ebay from Hong Kong.

Cheers
Bob:)

Jason May said:
Thank you for the links, but I've already built one pickup winder and it's just not as accurate or efficient as I would like. I want to spend my time figuring out how to make weird instruments and there's a certain point where you don't want to try and build an instrument to make an instrument. It has happened with my pickup winder. I need something I can plug and play with at this point. I think Ted is on the right track of what I'm thinking.

Gene said:
Yeah. Well. I think your winder is AWESOME. As many of you know I love steampunk and old fashion technology used as new tech. But, since I'll be sitting around in my basement and no one will see it, I'll all over a pre-built winder. I just don't want to spend a fortune. Because I also love building stuff, it often boggles my mind what people charge.
I saw this flexible shaft variable speed grinder at Harbor Freight today and thought it would make a great pickup winder. Just add a counter to this machine , hose clamp the hand piece to board and your off and running. And best of all it's only $49.99! Cheers Bob:)

Jason May said:
Yeah. Well. I think your winder is AWESOME. As many of you know I love steampunk and old fashion technology used as new tech. But, since I'll be sitting around in my basement and no one will see it, I'll all over a pre-built winder. I just don't want to spend a fortune. Because I also love building stuff, it often boggles my mind what people charge.
Hmmm. I DO have a harbor freight giftcard right now.
Bob Harrison said:
I saw this flexible shaft variable speed grinder at Harbor Freight today and thought it would make a great pickup winder.


Just add a counter to this machine , hose clamp the hand piece to board and your off and running. And best of all it's only $49.99!

Cheers
Bob:)

Jason May said:
Yeah. Well. I think your winder is AWESOME. As many of you know I love steampunk and old fashion technology used as new tech. But, since I'll be sitting around in my basement and no one will see it, I'll all over a pre-built winder. I just don't want to spend a fortune. Because I also love building stuff, it often boggles my mind what people charge.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service