Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

have a problem:  Embed a piezo a wooden base and put a screw top to make a bridge .  When I called the amplifier , he began to make a noise ; As a noise or something.  When I took the wooden base of the screw the noise stopped .  Does probema is in the bolt material ?

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May need to re-post this.  It looks like it's missing most of the text.

have a problem:  Embed a piezo a wooden base and put a screw top to make a bridge .  When I called the amplifier , he began to make a noise ; As a noise or something.  When I took the wooden base of the screw the noise stopped .  Does probema is in the bolt material ?

Since the screw is metal, there are two possibilities I can think of:

1) It may be loose and rattling somehow (doubtful)

2) The screw may need to be grounded to the neg of your guitar jack.  Drill a small hole through the bridge and run a connecting wire between the screw and the jack ground.  See if that fixes it.

OK. I will try this.

I assuming that the noise associated with the bolt material which must be of a ferrous metal .I realized, in research, who all bridges piezos have seen, are made from bone or brass.

Wayfinder said:

Desde o parafuso é de metal, existem duas possibilidades que eu posso pensar de:

1) Pode ser solto e chocalho de alguma forma (duvidoso)

2) O parafuso pode precisar ser aterrada para a sua tomada de neg guitarra. Faça um furo pequeno através da ponte e executar um fio de ligação entre o parafuso eo chão jack. Veja se isso resolve o problema.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service