Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

hi,just joined .what luck finding this sight.my kids and i have been having a blast making cookietin/gigarbox ukes banjos,guitars.and then playing with them.i'm old and not that good with computers but saw "old lowe" made resonators.i tried using  a9.5 in from a crushed rouge but it was so large we tried constructing a box lg. enough,it wasnt successful but was fun.does old lowe have smaller cones for sale? do you all share plans i tried faq site map scanning groups forums but without my 9 y/o daughter sadly im pretty lost when it comes to computers .well,sorry this was so long looks like a great site i'll try to post pics of what we've done(nothing to write home about) thanks . richard

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Richard -

Welcome to the clubhouse. Olde Lowe sells a 6" brass cone here - http://smokehouseguitars.com/blognewsroll/?cat=38 - for $25 - not at all unreasonable, and everybody here who has 'em loves 'em. As far as "plans" go, most folks here don't use them - for the most part, when you have to work with the box that you have, a plan becomes pointless. Pick a scale you like, find a mounting arrangement you can live with, and you're off to the races. This is a pretty helpful bunch, so toss around the questions.
Look at the picture section above the chat section go back and you will see people who have built resonaters using old lowes cones they show how they mounted then also. And Old lowe will tell you how to add them to your cigar box.
I saw them / BEAUTIFUL / Does anyone have a clip of sound ?? / Peace Arnie Rydberg

Dave K. said:
Richard -

Welcome to the clubhouse. Olde Lowe sells a 6" brass cone here - http://smokehouseguitars.com/blognewsroll/?cat=38 - for $25 - not at all unreasonable, and everybody here who has 'em loves 'em. As far as "plans" go, most folks here don't use them - for the most part, when you have to work with the box that you have, a plan becomes pointless. Pick a scale you like, find a mounting arrangement you can live with, and you're off to the races. This is a pretty helpful bunch, so toss around the questions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service