Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

I bought a pot that is 10K ohms. The thing I notice is there is very little tone control it's almost off or on. Is the 10K the problem......... what do I need to get more knob movement?

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did the pot look like one of these. These a 3/4 turn 10 k Bourn pots. Their mostly used in harmonica microphones and studio boards. Bourn pots

Most builders just use these standard 250 pots for their builds    https://www.cbgitty.com/cubecart/guitar-electronics/potentiometers-...

That's what she said!

I got them at radio shack whole lot more money I will get the Gitty ones nextime Thanks for the help

The pot doesnt do the tone. The capicitor you link to it does. I have never heard of a 10K for a guitar. I use 250K for single coils and 500K for Humbuckers. For volume only, I think you need something extra for tone.

yep need a cap. 3/4 turn 10k is way high. look at some diagrams for guitars. piezo pick ups don't work so good with tone controls at least for me. mag pickups respond very well. check out some of the diagrams online for starting points. you can even add a bleed cap in it to keep the highs at lower volumes.

what!

jeff tillman said:

yep need a cap. 3/4 turn 10k is way high. look at some diagrams for guitars. piezo pick ups don't work so good with tone controls at least for me. mag pickups respond very well. check out some of the diagrams online for starting points. you can even add a bleed cap in it to keep the highs at lower volumes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service