Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Old Lowe is making some of the coolest reso cones around. A lot of folks here have made great instruments using one.  Here's Bojangles I made for Jojo:

More photos Click Here

Views: 624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm working on my first reso now. Are these the way the cones came to you? Smooth? If not, what did you use to smooth them out? Sandpaper?
thanks for the info, i will try the steel wool.

Love em Guys! Some beautiful work! Also being a master Bladesmith (and as soon as my happy ass refills the LP tanks for the Forge LOL) I've been entertaining the idea of taking a piece of copper sheet, annealing it, and doing a cold flat/ball peen to form a resonator.

Just wondering if the use of copper would be a good "sound" choice? I also have bronze ingots that I casted and can re-smelt, pour and form one as well?
Here's some pics of a Lowezo Coned Reso that will be the centerpiece of a 25 CBG art exhibit starting Friday...

thats a real nice one sam, awesome..
quick too...
5 stars on this build for sam---great work.

One F said:
thats a real nice one sam, awesome..
quick too...
Looks great WS! Does the wood cover have sides to it (does it cover the edges of the lowezo)?
Wichita Sam said:
Here's some pics of a Lowezo Coned Reso that will be the centerpiece of a 25 CBG art exhibit starting Friday...

cover designed to fit just inside the the lip.... close inspection will show a thin copper line...
Buttermilk Music aka Norm said:
Looks great WS! Does the wood cover have sides to it (does it cover the edges of the lowezo)?

Wichita Sam said:

ahh got it! Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service