Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

This site is just hours old and I'm typing this to myself. I'm open to any suggestions on how to shape this into a friendly, educational and inspiring destination. All suggestions are welcome.

All instruments and music are welcome. Help us make this a fun site where anyone can learn how to build and play an instrument. Share your photos and videos of what you've built.

Thanks,

Ted
11/20/09

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ted is probably in a better position to answer this Smojo, but Il start you off seeing as it was I who inadvertantly mislead you!

The 'invite only' thing is about actually being able to find the Clubhouse in the first place. As far as I am aware, we are not 'live' yet, so your average Googler isnt going to stumble in after several beers causing havoc... one has to be given the web address. If there is someone we all think is one of the good guys (generally it comes up in the chat room), someone sends them an invite. I suppose to some it may sound selective and elitist, though it does ensure a certain quality of clientele!! lol

Im sure the other chaps will fill in the rest! Good to have you here anyway David :o)
No, it's not elitist. It's a club. You get invited to join clubs. You don't just walk in and say, "Hi, I joined your club." LOL. I think it's fun. It's like building a tent in the living room. You invite in people you want to hang out with. Right? It was nice to be invited into the club house. Thanks!
Love the tent analogy Jason - its spot on! :o)

Jason May said:
No, it's not elitist. It's a club. You get invited to join clubs. You don't just walk in and say, "Hi, I joined your club." LOL. I think it's fun. It's like building a tent in the living room. You invite in people you want to hang out with. Right? It was nice to be invited into the club house. Thanks!
Thanks Ben, no not misleading, I just needed to know a bit more. Jason I like the tent thing - will there be sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer? Can I bring my favourite teddy bear?
As long as it's real ginger beer. We can see who can drink it the fastest without coughing. LOL. I love ginger beer.
Trying to get some content on so I've posted some photos of my cbg's. These are some of my keepers. Sound too good to let them go!
I'm happy to be here whith the rest of the guys thanks Ted.
Its my opinion that what made cbnation great was that it encouraged do-it-yourself. It was a hub for builders and a reference for buyers (although most people out of the loop never saw it).

I think we need to state that We are a community of builders that sell independently and groom new builders to do the same.

Its why I came, it's why I stayed, and its also why I moved over here...that should be the focus. It develops the DIY builders, encourages them to sell independently, and promotes not only DIY building but increases exposure and popularity to the general public to cbgs etc.

As far as religious stuff...I listen to things I find offensive nearly everytime, woopdeedoo. Your "mypage" is your page...do what you want. Most times these things come up in chat as they would come around in any conversation. If it actually moves to a discussion...take it to private. Although I'm curious how the focus is always on religion rather than politics though...since most of the chat is full of hilljacks, Democrats get trashed unchecked because its pretty much accepted, but as soon as someone says "Jesus saves..." people get all worked up. I aint a democrat, I'm just callin it fair.

Bottom line is...get over it, its a website...its open chat, its people talking. Despite the preacher in me...I aint askin anybody to be anything they werent already when they came in. I aint gonna tell you want not to say, you dont tell me what not to say. If you cant be a grown up, hit the playground. If you dont like what they say, then speak your mind, ignore it, or log off (I've done all three...more often than not, the last two). If you wanna make it a discussion, go private. We all got our own thoughts, and they aint all gonna mix...welcome to life, but I aint askin you to keep quiet, so dont ask me.

Jesus saves...gangsta's go to heaven...cbg's rule
This place makes me feel like you guys are next door, or down the street and we all get to hang out when we like.

I think that was the purpose and the attitude behind this site and what makes this one a lil different than the rest. The bad news is...even a few friends are apt to disagree every now and then. I agree with Spencer on the three choices, much as life, you can argue, ignore, or go away. Some choices are more entertaining than others....but those are your options.

I don't remember what I was looking for when I found CBG's on a google search, it doesn't matter, I'm addicted all the same. I build simple CBG's, kinda on the primitive side....because that's what I like....and because that's what my current skill-set allows. I can't play for crap, but I'll learn. One day I'll build a masterpiece like one of Ted's and I'll play it like Tinqui8, until then I'll hang out and enjoy the company. We'll laugh, I'll piss somebody off, I'll learn from you guys and hopefully, I'll be able to help one of you with something. That's what happens among friends.

I do serious for a living. I don't need a website for additional life & death drama. I don't mind a lil Jesus sprinkled in the mix, and I don't mind telling a Democrat that he's a fuggin idiot, as long as an instrument made with a man's hands is the common thread.

I think Ted's intentions were to create a site with a broad and extensive knowledge base where discussions and questions would escape the realm of " how do I get the shiny thing out of the buzzer housing" and "what scale length, strings, tunings should I use...and can you stop by and put it together for me..."
He messed up a lil when he let me sneak in...but, other than that, this is gonna be an outstanding site. There are other choices out there if this aint your bag....

Contribute where you can, ask for what you need and enjoy your stay....the instruments and the music are simple, don't make this complicated.
Oh man, I already asked what tuning Hollowbelly was using and how other people cleverly disguise piezo noise. Oh well! LOL. Anyway, I usually ignore any information that rubs me the wrong way and move on to a new page where I can learn some cool new trick. Glad to be here and I'm enjoying the talent. Everyone here has really nice builds in their albums. There's no sifting! Fantastic. Thanks again.
ok i'll say a few words although I really didn't come here to speak.
I agree with the remarks of Spencer and Jkevn , lets get real and understand we can't shut out the things in life we don't like or agree with. If we are ban from talking about God and Obama then we have to ban the talk about any other personal opion, And thats what makes this place a WEB SITE if we can't speak our mind and heart then jl can't ever chat with us again. So lets all agree to disagree on certain things and keep the CBG and the King of the slide guitar (Duane Allman )alive and well . Thanks for the site Ted.

Spencer said:
Its my opinion that what made cbnation great was that it encouraged do-it-yourself. It was a hub for builders and a reference for buyers (although most people out of the loop never saw it).

I think we need to state that We are a community of builders that sell independently and groom new builders to do the same.

Its why I came, it's why I stayed, and its also why I moved over here...that should be the focus. It develops the DIY builders, encourages them to sell independently, and promotes not only DIY building but increases exposure and popularity to the general public to cbgs etc.

As far as religious stuff...I listen to things I find offensive nearly everytime, woopdeedoo. Your "mypage" is your page...do what you want. Most times these things come up in chat as they would come around in any conversation. If it actually moves to a discussion...take it to private. Although I'm curious how the focus is always on religion rather than politics though...since most of the chat is full of hilljacks, Democrats get trashed unchecked because its pretty much accepted, but as soon as someone says "Jesus saves..." people get all worked up. I aint a democrat, I'm just callin it fair.

Bottom line is...get over it, its a website...its open chat, its people talking. Despite the preacher in me...I aint askin anybody to be anything they werent already when they came in. I aint gonna tell you want not to say, you dont tell me what not to say. If you cant be a grown up, hit the playground. If you dont like what they say, then speak your mind, ignore it, or log off (I've done all three...more often than not, the last two). If you wanna make it a discussion, go private. We all got our own thoughts, and they aint all gonna mix...welcome to life, but I aint askin you to keep quiet, so dont ask me.

Jesus saves...gangsta's go to heaven...cbg's rule

Bonehead said:
there needs to b more strippers

and ....ducks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service