Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Now that I'm getting ready to move, I'm making a round of "thank you builds" to folks that helped me along the way.  Wichita Sam # 266 goes to a Cigar Store Owner that let me display a very early build and gave me any box in the shop I wanted.  He even order Cigars in to get boxes I expressed an interest in...

This is a "best of the best" build for a cool guy.... down to his fav. box and a TCrocker pickup.... also laminated neck, split Martin style bridge, rosewood pickup surround and control plate, Gibson 3-way switch, and maple fretboard.

Basically, take care to the people that take care of you... you will always feel good about it.

the  best,

Wichita Sam

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great Build! Sorry about the pup , and the the string tree

Thanks.... "sorry about the pup and the string tree"... huh?   The pup is a TCrocker and the string tree is a small eye screw (something different, I'd never done before)....

the best,

Wichita Sam

jim said:

Great Build! Sorry about the pup , and the the string tree
exactly, smooth strings  to the tuners / no  over sharp angles essential. The Crocker PUP is another story.   BTW, JL could teach you a thing or two.
OK, thanks again... the eye screw string tree also creates an interesting "X" geometry as the middle strings "gather from the tuner posts and then spread again at the nut.... something different and functional..... the Crocker PUP was one that I had ordered for a custom build over a year ago that never got off the ground... glad to give it to a friend in this special build... - Sam

jim said:
exactly, smooth strings  to the tuners / no  over sharp angles essential. The Crocker PUP is another story.
Cool box, even cooler guitar.  Yes, I so agree... making a special thank you is a great way to show appreciation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service