Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

got this old kay acoustic on the operating table. neck seems ok but the body needs major tlc.

no plans, just see what happens.

Views: 678

Replies to This Discussion

Really like the tuner buttons... nice fix!!!

c# merle said:

had another look at the tuners and they seem in usable shape, minus a missing button, so gonna use em.

after a cola bath, they look cleaner but still a nice tarnish to em.

now for some new buttons. drilled out some wood, then shaped and polished - el cheapo buttons for zilch cash

getting near the finish line now. got the humbucker wired in and strings on

headstock veneer looks not bad

omg, so well done- I am jealous- I like the idea with the bridge and what looks like extra support in the fashion of a trapeze. So good!

Wow this turned out great. What a transformation...

Awesome lookin Merle...job well done !!!!

I LOVE THIS!!!

thanks guys. this has been a fun little challenge to do.

here's a little sound sample - i'm off to party like it's 1929...

I like the vid and the guitar sounds just fine. What a result. Well done! What was the inspiration of the paint job on the back? anything special or just something you liked?

cheers lonman. the design is a kinda deco style which i remember from the old cinema here. was an amazing looking building from the 1930's.

Lonman said:

I like the vid and the guitar sounds just fine. What a result. Well done! What was the inspiration of the paint job on the back? anything special or just something you liked?

thanks for the info merle.

holy cow... what a great piece..... I want to just cheer... I love pulling things of the junk pile and make something of them... you did better... you made something great!!!  congrats!!!!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service