Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

*originally posted on CBN
Hey Handmade Music Clubhouse,

I'm currently working on my first two guitars with a friend and it's proving to be a little more difficult than I originally anticipated. With your help, I'd like to make this discussion an
excellent documentation of my first build. I'll be uploading pictures of
my current progress, tools, and designs. Though I started my guitar
last night, I haven't gotten too far into the process and should be able
to document most of my steps. Finally, the internet maybe a great
resource, but I'll be posting questions, comments, and ideas along the
way so that you guys can add personal styles or preferences.

Thanks for the help you guys, I'll be uploading more later today.

Real Time

Updates:

• Guitar is finished. Pictures are on their way.
Hey guys - just wanted to say thanks for all of your help yesterday. I can't wait to make my next one (this one was a bit rushed due to its due date). This was definatly a successful build in terms of insight. hopefully I'll be crafting more often

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, I didn't really think about a dremel when my mom went off to get a scroll saw. I thought a it would take the dremel's place, but I forgot you can do a lot more than cut with one.... dang.
I love my Dremel, can't do without!
I agree with Diane,
I use my Dremel so much that I have one in my workshop itself and one here in the house in my assembly area where most of the assembly work is done after I get all the parts together.
I dont know how I got by without one.
cool,...

I'm your Canadian mirror,.. I'm building my first one, and a buddy of mine is attempting to build a "lowebow" (TM) styled dual neck unit,...

I've never built a guitar, this should prove to be interesting,.. although I build cars/bikes for a hobby,. there ain't a lot 'o' wood involved,. LOL!
yeah I finished mine today... woke up at 6 to get some parts from lowes. It turned out pretty decent... I have a little bit of a tension issue, but its w/e. 5 min fix.
I cant even describe my love for my new dremel. It's by far the most useful tool that I have... how did I imagine going on without?

Roger Martin said:
I agree with Diane,
I use my Dremel so much that I have one in my workshop itself and one here in the house in my assembly area where most of the assembly work is done after I get all the parts together.
I dont know how I got by without one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service