Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Entrants can post their pics and videos for the February Steampunk Challenge here.  Entries can be submitted until midnight Sunday, March 15.
Good Luck!!

Views: 544

Replies to This Discussion

What's the front plate say, i can't quite make it out.... General Conference Corporation? Very cool amp Dave!
W00T! Finished on Time! Here's my entry for the Steampunk Challenge - a Steampunk Practice Amp. A Rogue amp was used as a donor for the amp guts, and a fairly large percentage of the rest of the bits and pieces came from various Habitat Restores in the area. The amp is about 12" wide, 6" deep, 10 - 11" high, and the speaker cylinder is 7" in diameter. Still sounds like an el cheapo practice amp, but looks a lot better than it did.

Says "General Conference Corporation" on the front, and "Physics Dept." on the side. The box portion was from some sort of scientific apparatus, long ago removed (date scribbled inside was from 1944).

Scott Winburn said:
What's the front plate say, i can't quite make it out.... General Conference Corporation? Very cool amp Dave!
I have entered three gadgets, they are all old builds, so I don't know if they qualify or not. It doesn't really matter I just hope you all enjoy them as much as I did building them. The first is a table lamp exercise machine, if you feel like exercising and don't really want to, turn on the machine and watch the little guys do it instead. The second is a miniature amusement park inside a clock case, It really works. The third is simply called the machine and works by hauling up steel balls by 2 rubber belts and dumping them down a series of weird and wonderful traxks , setting off all sortd of contraptions on the way.
Attachments:
How do I get my photos to come up on this page? I can't seem to get it happening. What am I missing?
Here’s my steampunk guitar pickup winder entry. This time machine will wind pickups as unique as the winding machine itself. Cheers Bob

Whoa, Bob. you got it done! That thang is sick! Well done sir!
Tony -

When you add the comment, there's a camera at the top of the comment box. Click that to upload the pics.
I like it , I would call your art a Rube Goldberg style.

Tony the shed guy said:
I have entered three gadgets, they are all old builds, so I don't know if they qualify or not. It doesn't really matter I just hope you all enjoy them as much as I did building them. The first is a table lamp exercise machine, if you feel like exercising and don't really want to, turn on the machine and watch the little guys do it instead. The second is a miniature amusement park inside a clock case, It really works. The third is simply called the machine and works by hauling up steel balls by 2 rubber belts and dumping them down a series of weird and wonderful traxks , setting off all sortd of contraptions on the way.
Dave,

I like the looks of your amp. One day when I built up the courage I would like to try to build one as well. Maybe use a Peavey/Fender type practice amp. I have seen them at the swap-meet for about $40. My amp will be a close clone of yours.

Regards
Bob

Dave K. said:
Says "General Conference Corporation" on the front, and "Physics Dept." on the side. The box portion was from some sort of scientific apparatus, long ago removed (date scribbled inside was from 1944).

Scott Winburn said:
Bob Harrison said:
Dave,

I like the looks of your amp. One day when I built up the courage I would like to try to build one as well. Maybe use a Peavey/Fender type practice amp. I have seen them at the swap-meet for about $40. My amp will be a close clone of yours.

Regards
Bob

No courage required, Bob. The electronics are the easy part with those little practice amps - you can pretty much just remount 'em in whatever you want, all the critical stuff is mounted to the circuit board. With this one, I just copied the layout from the original to the brass sheet, pulled the speaker, the speaker wiring, the circuit board, and the transformer, and remounted in its new home. Everything else was way more time consuming.
I'm still in the design faze of my steampunk build & this weekend i got in some... gear practice. It's not exactly original, but i just got a free 4 gig flash drive last week when a "micro center" opened nearby, & i decided the watch gears are too small for my guitar design... so, i built this with them instead:

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service