Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Hi Guys n Gals

Brilliant website, really glad I found it

I am a songwriter and musician originally from London but have been living in New Zealand for the last 14 years. My main influence is blues music, all types, and this has been my love for as long as I can remember, at least 40 of my 45 years.

I write and record my music and basically give it all away on the basis that if you like it, you might put a dollar in a collection bucket somewhere sometime.

Anyway, my next project is a collection of songs using nothing but hand and homemade instruments. I have so far made a foot stomper and a diddley bow which I have just electrified.

My next instrument is a cigar box guitar and then a one string bass, plus some other percussion instruments just to make the full set.

So, I am delighted to have found this site and I look forward to some real inspiration.

If you want to check out my website, feel free to visit, its at www.fattmax.co.nz

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

check out photos of my 'canjos'. biscuit tins with a neck. musician friends of mine love them. mike

Hi,
I live in Torbay, Auckland. Are you interested in getting together for a chat and jam? Currently building a box guitar.

Sounds like a plan dude. I belong to0 the Auckland Blues Club, they have jam nights every second Wednesday of the month. Check them out at http://www.aucklandbluesclub.co.nz/

I'll be at the next Jam night next Week, thinking of bringing my CBG and knocking out a few tunes

wow two kiwis in one place? I must be at the door of some pub in melbourne :)

Hi Max,

Wednesdays are bad for me at the moment due to other commitments. I will try to get along there when they come free though.

Fatt Max said:

Sounds like a plan dude. I belong to0 the Auckland Blues Club, they have jam nights every second Wednesday of the month. Check them out at http://www.aucklandbluesclub.co.nz/

I'll be at the next Jam night next Week, thinking of bringing my CBG and knocking out a few tunes

Or maybe a Barbie out the back mate, with some tinnies

The Phrygian Kid said:

wow two kiwis in one place? I must be at the door of some pub in melbourne :)

Proper Kiwi's don't drink in Melbourne mate. We wouldn't be seen dead in a bar where the girls tattoos are bigger than ours.....and spelt right as well...

Went into a Melbourne bar and ordered a Bourbon and L&P.....arrr whats L&P mate!

Fatt Max said:

Proper Kiwi's don't drink in Melbourne mate. We wouldn't be seen dead in a bar where the girls tattoos are bigger than ours.....and spelt right as well...

Ha proper kiwis don't drink in Melbourne bars cos they can't, they all working security on the door mate

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service