Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Old Lowe is making some of the coolest reso cones around. A lot of folks here have made great instruments using one.  Here's Bojangles I made for Jojo:

More photos Click Here

Views: 595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another 9" Lowe cone

I can finally post these without spoiling the surprise for Jojo, she's on a plane and will be here in a couple hours.

OMG Ted!!! I am absolutely breathless. What a beautiful master work! Will you have a chance to post audio or video before it goes home with JoJo? the best, Wichita Sam
Ted Crocker said:
I can finally post these without spoiling the surprise for Jojo, she's on a plane and will be here in a couple hours.

Black walnut with red oak neck

Black walnut with red oak neck

That's really a good lookin' work Ted
Ted Crocker said:

Does anyone have tutorials on how to brace one of these cones? I just got two in and hope to have some guitars to post here soon.
I just mounted mine on top of the lid, just as long as you have some air space under the cone.

Jason May said:
Does anyone have tutorials on how to brace one of these cones? I just got two in and hope to have some guitars to post here soon.
The thing is, I usually do neck thrus. So this will get in the way of the neck thru. Where do you get the support for the strings?

Randy S. Bretz said:
I just mounted mine on top of the lid, just as long as you have some air space under the cone.

Jason May said:
Jason,

This calls for bolt-on neck/pocket (ala' Fender) construction. If you look at my recent post on this discussion, the neck is bolt on, the strings are attached via a homemade trapeze, and the bridge/biscuit is inbetween.

Hope this helps.... if you need help with attaching a neck via pocket/bolt-on construction, let me know.

the best,

Wichita Sam

Jason May said:
The thing is, I usually do neck thrus. So this will get in the way of the neck thru. Where do you get the support for the strings?

Randy S. Bretz said:

Jason May said:
I was just hoping not to do a bolt on. Old Lowe showed me an interesting way to do a neck through. Which I'll give a whirl.

Wichita Sam said:
Jason,
This calls for bolt-on neck/pocket (ala' Fender) construction. If you look at my recent post on this discussion, the neck is bolt on, the strings are attached via a homemade trapeze, and the bridge/biscuit is inbetween.
Actually Sam, if you happen to have an internal view of the bracing I'd love to see it just as an extra reference.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service