Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Entrants can post their pics and videos for the February Steampunk Challenge here.  Entries can be submitted until midnight Sunday, March 15.
Good Luck!!

Views: 540

Replies to This Discussion

okay club Members....here is my entry. It is a musical art piece. "Brasszilla". Brasszilla contains a music box that plays "Yellow Submarine" It is a 2 sided sculpture. The music box side has a working gear clock, the music box hand crank is just below the clock. The opposite side features a Guitar man made out of clock gears...he is playing his guitar (A tuning fork) which can be easily removed to use. Brasszilla has a fuel line running to the submarine which glows with a blue light while "fueling" the sub. The frankenstein switch is used to switch on the flickering bulb which makes it a utilitarian light also. Hope you enjoy!

Scott, this is really cool!!!!
Scott Winburn said:
I'm still in the design faze of my steampunk build & this weekend i got in some... gear practice. It's not exactly original, but i just got a free 4 gig flash drive last week when a "micro center" opened nearby, & i decided the watch gears are too small for my guitar design... so, i built this with them instead:

Yeah!!!
JoJo said:
okay club Members....here is my entry. It is a musical art piece. "Brasszilla". Brasszilla contains a music box that plays "Yellow Submarine" It is a 2 sided sculpture. The music box side has a working gear clock, the music box hand crank is just below the clock. The opposite side features a Guitar man made out of clock gears...he is playing his guitar (A tuning fork) which can be easily removed to use. Brasszilla has a fuel line running to the submarine which glows with a blue light while "fueling" the sub. The frankenstein switch is used to switch on the flickering bulb which makes it a utilitarian light also.

Hope you enjoy!

I submit the "Kupferbock". Kupfer is copper, bock means buck.
Have fun with the short vid:
http://www.handmademusicclubhouse.com/video/klangbox-guitars?xg_sou...
really sweet
Dave K. said:
W00T! Finished on Time!

Here's my entry for the Steampunk Challenge - a Steampunk Practice Amp. A Rogue amp was used as a donor for the amp guts, and a fairly large percentage of the rest of the bits and pieces came from various Habitat Restores in the area. The amp is about 12" wide, 6" deep, 10 - 11" high, and the speaker cylinder is 7" in diameter. Still sounds like an el cheapo practice amp, but looks a lot better than it did.

Estemed Members, I, herewith present my entry to the Steampunk Challange, the Steam Enhanced Reso-phonic Guitar. The design is based on drawings detailed by my "eccentric" great grandfather Natarus Badaddy for patent in 1882.Unfortunately, the U.S. Patent Office rejected his application on the premise that the device was far too dangerous to be distributed to the general public. For this reason I am reluctant to share the original drawings to prevent their reckless misuse. I fabricated this device from a wine case, oak, walnut and components passed down to me from my grandfather. The resophonic chamber is a miniature steam boiler supplied with propriety chemical, electrical and mechanical components to enhance the sonic quality of the instrument. To my great surprise, the device performed as claimed by Natarus! Upon completion of this device I attempted to play a song for my spouse, but to date have not been able to complete a single verse due to her amorous advances. Henceforth, I have been forbidden by Mrs Badaddy from removing the instrument from our home. Naturally, I will reviewing the drawings for other instruments on my great grandfather's archives. Your Humble Servant, De Da Badaddy

Super kewl!!!

/body>
Mines unfinished but here it is anyway

Well my steampunk pickup winder is still not completed, but Rome was not built in a day. There are a few more details that need building. I will use an old treddle sewing machine stand for the base. I hope you all like my machine. Next month Lord willing I will be crafting pickups. Thanks for looking Bob

Thanks Dave. Sorry it took so long to reply, but a whole chunk of life got in the way. All the best! Tony

Dave K. said:
Tony -

When you add the comment, there's a camera at the top of the comment box. Click that to upload the pics.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service