Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Till recently I used a modified vacuumcleaner motor as a windmachine for my organ. This is the first prototype for a new windmachine made with my 3D printer.

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 107

Comment

You need to be a member of Handmade Music Clubhouse to add comments!

Join Handmade Music Clubhouse

Comment by Bjørn Houdorf on March 26, 2016 at 1:32pm

Hi deedee

I have uploaded a test video:

http://handmademusicclubhouse.com/video/portative-diy-pipe-organ-test

It works.
It works not very well indeed, but it works.




Comment by deedee on March 7, 2016 at 3:52pm

Hi Bjørn,

That's a coincidence. I know that Johan de Vries. I have one of his books to build a simple organ. Still not finished though. In 2004 I went to a meeting of amateur organ builders and he was there. Also made friend with a professional organ builder. He taught me how to make organ pipes the old way.

The other instruments I have made in a workshop with a professional teacher. She has stopped in 2013, but we still see each other very often. We do 3D-printing now. And she makes 3D printed chin rests for violins.

I have a link on making wooden gears. This is an online application to make templates. http://woodgears.ca/gear_cutting/template.html

I have once been to Copenhagen in 1994 to a conference. Most of the documentation I could read. Understanding the spoken words was difficult, while reading and understanding went quite well.

German and Dutch are quite alike. We learn German at school but it's still not very popular due to the war.

And yes, I am surprised that the more Norwegian I learn, the more I Swedish and Danish I can understand. I cannot distinguish yet, but it's quite handy while watching Scandinavian detective series, which are quite popular here.

Cool website from John Boersma. I will check it out.

Comment by Bjørn Houdorf on March 7, 2016 at 3:27pm

Hi deedee

I watched some photos of your builds on this site. They looked very fine and proffessionel.

My idea for the hand crank air blower was to make gears of wood,
but it was to difficult, so I choose the bellows instead.


Danish and Dutch is not so similar, so it is quite difficult for me to read. German is easier for me.
But yes, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish is very similar.


Several of the websites that I used as inspiration are Dutch, like these:

http://www.johansorgels.nl/html/artikelen/bouwportatief/index.htm

http://www.johnboersma.nl/miniorgel.html

http://guitarra-renacentista.blogspot.dk/

Comment by deedee on March 6, 2016 at 4:55pm

Hi Bjørn,

Just watched the hand cranked air blower. Interesting idea, but I wonder if you could get a speed needed to generate enough wind. Bellows work indeed. I saw your bellows. The traditional way is to use cardboard and goats leather.

Also watched your weblog. As I am learning Norwegian now I can understand quite a lot of the Danish. You have made a lot of instruments. I have made a harp as well. There are quite some photo's of my builds on this site. At the moment I'm not that active because I am looking for a new job.

I have sent your site URL also to a friend who makes church organs. He's also the developer of a home made wind machine. His site is http://wimtaverne-huisorgelbouw.nl

His site is in Dutch but I think you can understand quite some of the text, as Danish and Dutch are quite similar.

Comment by Bjørn Houdorf on March 6, 2016 at 3:20pm

Hi deedee

I once wanted to make a hand crank centrifugal air blower for my organ project (no external energy source)
but it was to difficult to build for me at the time, so instead I went to make bellows.
However, I did make a prototype of the centrifugal blower in cardboard and duct tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHgtmvvYjAw

Comment by deedee on March 6, 2016 at 7:11am

Hi Bjørn,

I have put a video of the computer played pipe organ on this site. We used a double insulated vacuumcleaner motor for the wind. It works, but is also quite noisy. Therefore I am looking for a 3D printed alternative on a bilge blower motor. The prototype produces wind but still not enough to fill up the bellows. I think there is a leak somewhere.

Comment by Ted Crocker on February 26, 2016 at 7:16pm

WOW DeeDee, this is awesome.  HMMMMM, a 3D printer...

Comment by Bjørn Houdorf on February 26, 2016 at 3:22pm

Thats really great!
I hope to see and hear your organ


(I am building a portative organ with bellows
https://houdorf.wordpress.com)

© 2022   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service